Septic Problems - Common Septic System Problems
Septic problems usually fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Septic odors inside the house and outside the house
- Sewage backup into house, gurgling drains, or slow drains
- Failing septic tank - surface flooding or soil collapse near septic tank
- Sewage coming to surface in yard, also called "break-out"
- Failed or plugged drainfield - damp soils
For discussion on these problems click on the item above. You may have more than one of the problems listed or a problem that does not fit into the above categories. In these cases we would suggest that you contact a local septic system design professional to get an "on-site" evaluation of your problem. You may also contact us with an email describing your problem. Include a photo of problem, if appropriate.